Thursday, 31 May 2018

I woke up this morning and it was bucketing down with rain and I had to go to school in sopping wet clothes. When I came back from school my mom was only their because my dad is a drug addict and I haven’t seen him for many years. I always wonder if he had died or if he is still alive. 

My mom was in the kitchen making supper with all we have “We only made R20 to day” , said mom I sighed and went to the other end of the room “Where you okay last night from the rain” my school clothes got sopping wet this morning. Sorry to hear that but we are making toast your favorite. Thanks mom. Mom soon we will be rich right? Soon soon don’t you worry I need you to skip school tomorrow because you need to help me to beg for a job on the side of the road because I think we are going to do well tomorrow. Bye, mom I am going to play soccer with the other Jed Don’t come back to late Nic, I won’t I said.

 Out in the fresh air again kicking the ball around with my friend Jed.The next day it was so hot and I was begging on the side of the road next to the fancy cars with my mother sick in bed last night. At home I the shack that we lived in was socked  mom was all better we made well, I made R200 we celebrated in this little shack after that we heard a nock on the door. A man was standing it was my dad but I didn’t know that yet when I saw him but I asked who he was because I had never seen him in the informal settlement he said he was my dad and I called my mom and she came with a smile but when she saw him she went into a frown because she knew is was my, dad he greeted us and my mom said hello and said I must close the door and I did what I was told. 

The next morning I saw him again and he said give me money by now he was high from drugs and he told me again give me some money in a firmer voice.  I ran away to keep up with my mom and I told her what just happened to me. When we got back our house was a mess from the wind and rain. It had holes. I just wish I had a proper house with a proper alarm.


I went to school the next day. And we had a very nice time at school. When I came home my mom was with my dad and she was having a cup of tea. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Nicholas. You need to edit and put in full stops and capital letters. This is a sad account, but a real one. You writing is just a little disjointed.

    ReplyDelete